An intense, non-invasive form of back, shoulders, neck massage performed fully clothed whilst the client sits on a chair. A combination of both traditional therapeutic /deep tissue massage and acupressure techniques are used. Cranial muscles are relaxed easing tension, thereby alleviating headaches/migraines and eyestrain. Nervous system is stimulated reducing tiredness and lethargy.
Indian head massage helps increase joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders, improves blood circulation and lymphatic flow, frees knots of muscular tension, relaxes connective tissue, and aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products. It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Increases oxygen and glucose supply to the brain promoting concentration
- Good for sinus congestion, migraines, stress headaches
- Promote sound sleep/help with insomnia
- Help alleviate eye strain
- Release from anxiety/stress/depression
- Relief from TMI (Temporo-mandibular joint tension)
- Relieves neck, shoulder and back pain
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage, helping to remove toxins and boost the immune system. Our bodies defence mechanisms are stimulated, enabling us to fight off infections and recover more rapidly from illness. As our immunity to disease is strengthened, we become far less susceptible to coughs, colds and other illnesses.
- Improved mental ability—this includes concentration, memory and the ability to release stress more quickly instead of retaining it within the body (this is when it will cause pain and tension).
- Raised energy levels- Massage can increase our energy levels. Energy becomes blocked and stagnant. When the tension is released through massage so are the energy blockages. A sense of deep peace and calm immediately following treatment may allow the body to recharge.
This treatment can be offered at the desk/work station (ideal for role where being away from the desk is difficult) 10-15 minute treatments. Or offered as 20-30 minute treatment away from the desk. Client remains fully clothed.